We provide a variety of the Female Health services:
- Routine Annual Check-Up, PAP smears.
- Detection of the STD (Bacteria, Chlamydia)
- Vaginal Discharge and Itching
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Lower abdominal pain
- Birth control medications
- Ultrasound of the Pelvis, Uterus and Ovaries
Special attention is paid to the treatment of osteoporosis and menopausal symptoms with plant-based, bioidentical ”natural” compounds.
Menopause is often manifested by weight gain, mood swings, irritability, anxiety, depression, memory and sleeping problems, low energy, “hot flashes“, vaginal dryness, urinary infections, low sex drive and other symptoms. These signs may appear even before menstrual periods have actually ceased. Early diagnosis, including specialized hormonal profile testing, helps to start appropriate intervention in a timely fashion.
Osteoporosis affects 28 million Americans - 80% of whom are women. Each year this debilitating disease contributes to more than 1.5 million new fractures of the hip, spine and forearm. One in two women over the age of 50 will have an osteoporosis-related fracture in her lifetime.
In Health Smart Medical Center we created "The Smart Osteoporosis Care Program":
- It starts with a detailed history and thorough review of the risk factors.
- If indicated, the next step is old Standard Hologic Fan Beam DXA Bone Density Testing. This state of the art technology painlessly detects early changes that may eventually lead to bone fractures. In particular it visualizes spine, hip and wrist area.
- Other laboratory tests may be needed if certain metabolic abnormalities are suspected.
- When a patient is completely evaluated, she is placed on the Individualized Program. This program includes diet, complex of exercises, vitamins, nutritional supplements, special custom-made “natural” bioidentical compounds. These compounds are prepared from natural plant sources in the licensed pharmacy specializing in compounding these types of preparations. Pharmaceuticals are used as well, if necessary.
- The response to the treatment is monitored by a series of laboratory tests. Some of them help to determine if proper hormonal balance has been achieved. Other tests reflect the amount of bone tissue which has been lost and rebuilt (so called Bone Turnover Markers). The follow up DXA Bone Density Test is to monitor the response to the treatment.
"The Smart Osteoporosis Care Program" will aid your bones to stay strong and healthy for a long, long time.